Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wednesday at EGD

I learn so much at nerd camp. A good chunk of it is useless, I admit, and some of it is due to the amount of time I spend on the internet. For instance, you should see this site with all these cool drawings of superheroes on it.

Also, the camp I go to is divided up into two sections. There are the eMagination Computer Campers (eight to sixteen years old, they do all sorts of stuff, commonly known as ECC) and then there's the camp I go to, called eMagination Game Design, or EGD. As (I think) you know, we are divided up into teams and make a game. What we EGD campers didn't know was what the ECC campers call us.

You see, ECC has less lab time than EGD. For an hour a day, they have to go outside. They also have no lab time after dinner, when at the dorms, we almost never venture below the fourth floor, and (if things haven't changed from when I was in ECC) they have to do this stupid ritual called "meal pass" in order to get food. Meal pass involves doing really dumb games, and the winner gets to eat first. Second goes second, and so on. Anyway, ECC almost never sees EGD in broad daylight. So, they think of us as vampires. The reason we're never seen by ECC is because "vampires have a high sneak ability."

I ****ing love nerd camp.

Oh, and I also now know the face of the enemy. I know someone who trolls the internet and Call of Duty for fun. The key to getting along with them is knowing when they are actively trolling you and keeping your mouth shut. Apart from that, he's actually reasonable.

EGD: it teaches social skills.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I just think their perception skill was low. (Is that even a thing in Skyrim? Guess I'll find out when I play it since I bought it on Steam a few days ago.)

    ReplyDelete